1. Payment terms: To confirm an order, a non-refundable deposit of £50.00 or agreed amount is required. This will secure your requested date and cake order. The outstanding balance is due one month before delivery for which an invoice will be sent. The balance is to be paid within one week of receiving the invoice. If you wish to make alterations to the design that affect the overall cost, the balance will be adjusted accordingly.
2. Quotations: All price quotations, written or verbal, are valid for 30 days from the date of quotation.
3. Cancellation Policy: Deposits are non-refundable. If you cancel your order for any reason up to one month before the event date, all other monies paid except the deposit will be refunded by bacs. If your order is cancelled less than once month before the event date a refund may be issued at The Couture Baker's discretion.
4. Collection/Delivery: The Couture Baker prefers to deliver and set up all wedding cakes. Delivery to Essex venues within a 20 mile radius of Billericay is complimentary. After that a delivery charge of 80p per mile will be charged. The Couture Baker will always liaise with the venue in the run up to the event for delivery time confirmation.
Please note – We strongly recommend that we deliver and set up your wedding cake however The Couture Baker appreciates that occasionally a wedding cake may have to be collected. In which case, the full responsibility for the safety of the cake is with the client and The Couture Baker will not be responsible for any damage to the cake after it has been collected.
6. Cake stand hire: Cake stands are complimentary to borrow. A upfront damages cost of £60.00 is required and will be returned once the stand has been returned in perfect condition . Please confirm in writting that you would like to borrow a stand.The Couture Baker asks that the stand is kindly returned to 3a Prince Edward Road, Billericay, Essex, CM11 2HA with a week after the event. The stand can be collected from your venue for a £40.00 fee if you are unable to return.
7. Refunds: Hopefully you will never have any reason to be unhappy with your cake but if you do, please do not hesitate to contact us. If you are not a 100% happy with your cake for any reason within reason, we are happy to fully refund you. We unfortunately cannot refund your money if you do not let us know what is wrong, within 48 hours of collection/delivery time. We will also need to see the cake as we will want to make sure we never make the same mistake again!
8. Allergies: The Couture Baker shall not be held responsible for nut allergies for the client or their parties. All cakes could contain traces of nut and It is the responsibility of the client to inform their guests that traces of nut could be present in the cake.
9. Portion sizes: Sponge cake finger portion sizes measure roughly 2.5” x 1.5” x 1.5”. Fruit cake portions measure 2.5” x 1” x 1 “.
10. Naked Cakes: As of 2019 we no longer take bookings for naked or semi naked wedding cakes
11. Public Liability Insurance: The Couture Baker's public liability insurance covers up to £1,000,000
11. Price Promise: The price quoted at the time of booking is the final cost and it will not be increased even if cake prices rise due to inflation after your order has been confirmed.